Thursday, April 16, 2009

If it's Thursday, it must mean...


That's right. It's Thursday and The Office is on tonight! Now, I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but The Office is one of the few shows that I follow consistently. (Okay, I actually watch way too much TV and probably follow too many shows. I just thought it sounded better to say that I don't really watch TV because it totally makes me appear smarter and more refined or something, right?) Anyway, I don't really have anything to say in particular about the upcoming episode other than to remind people to watch, but I wanted to comment briefly on last week's episodes.

I'll be honest -- I've sort of felt that The Office has been kind of off its game this season. Yes, there were some great moments (Jim proposing to Pam and Dwight and Bill Buttlicker) and even some great episodes (especially the one after the Super Bowl), but all in all, I've felt that it's been kind of an inconsistent season. And then last week's two episodes came on and my faith in the show was restored.

While both were great, I found "The Michael Scott Paper Company" episode in particular to be one of the funniest in recent memory. There were three golden moments for me:

First, when Michael drives up blasting Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" then turns to the camera and says, "It's Britney, bitch."

Second, Michael's inspirational quote on the whiteboard in the new office which reads: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.

And finally, Dwight and Andy trying to impress the new receptionist with their renditions of John Denver's "Country Roads". The expressions on her face are priceless.

Anyway, enjoy The Office tonight. By the way, it's the 100th episode! So get your Party Planning Committee on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment