Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ohh Baby Give Me One More Chanceee

I was humming some lines of the Jackson 5 classic "I Want You Back" the other day and someone who heard me singing said something along the lines of, "I love that song! Lil' Romeo!"

A little bit of me died inside when I heard that. So for everyone's information, Lil' Romeo's song "My Baby" is a sample of the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back." And for the record, it KILLS Lil' Romeo's version. Let's be real here for a minute -- Lil' Romeo is a freaking clown. The only reason "My Baby" was a hit was because it was already a hit song... when the Jackson 5 made it. Want more proof? Name me one other popular Lil' Romeo song. Just one. I'll wait. Still waiting. Whatcha got? Nothing? At all? Thank you. The defense rests.

So here's a history lesson for everyone in the form of song: The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment